What does it take to be a great river leader? The last several years we have been asked if we would offer our own solution to professional river leadership training. We use an ACA Level IV Whitewater Instructor Certification as a starting point and extend it further to encompass a look into what it is to be a leader in leadership skills, all while you develop your portfolio of skills onward and upward to class V.
H2o Dreams uses this 9-day course as their base level training for all of their instructors. If you want to become an H2o Dreams instructor, this is how you start.
Potential benefits if specific criteria met:
- ACA Level-IV Whitewater Instructor Certification
- ASHI Wilderness First Aid Certification
- Common Sense Rescue Completion Certificate
- H2o Dreams employment opportunities
*Course registration does not guarantee a certification. Each candidate must meet all criteria as outlined by the ACA. There are no refunds in the case of not meeting these requirements. If you have questions as to whether this class is a fit for you read this or give us a call!
- Ages 18 and up
- Class III-IV comfort
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- Be able to manage all personal care and mobility independently
- Candidates must be accustomed to and/or physically and mentally prepared for long days- up to 6 hours on the river- with additional classroom time
- Be able to independently participate in all skills, activities, and rescues listed in the H2o Dreams Apex River Leadership School Course Outline (coming soon)
- Be able to effectively communicate with course leaders and other participants
- Desire to become an industry leader
Having previous teaching/guiding experience is a plus, but not required.
Trip price: $905.00
Location(s): Saluda, NC and surrounding creeks
Trip duration: 9 days (6 hours each day)
Guest to instructor ratio: 4 guests to 1 instructor, class caps at 8
- Shuttle transportation
- Supplemental class materials (except ACA manual)
- Use of any kayak from H2o Dreams fleet for the duration of the course
- Transportation to and from Saluda, NC
- Equipment essentials
- ACA manual
- Travel and boat insurance