H2o Dreams has been providing the best quality instruction experiences since 2012. Aimed at creating lifelong paddlers at every level, the ability to meet paddlers at their individual levels of comfort and desires is what sets H2o Dreams apart from the rest. Our goal is to empower, enable, and liberate our students so that they can continue to grow and progress beyond our classroom time. H2o Dreams does not work within a dogmatic instruction paradigm; rather, our instruction approach is flexible and dynamic to meet the diverse needs of our students and the demands of our changing river environment.
H2o Dreams kayak instructors will focus lead instruction on beginner programming such as rolling and introductory courses with the opportunity to shadow more advanced instruction. Instructors can expect to work hard to deliver the absolute best whitewater experience for each and every student through prioritizing safety, fun, and education on the river.
This position is full-time, seasonal.
Skills & Qualifications
This is a high energy, physically demanding job. Candidates should be physically fit, capable of lifting 50lbs, rigorous hiking, and long days in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Current certifications through the American Canoe Association, Wilderness First Aid / CPR, and Swiftwater rescue training within the last year.
- ACA Level 4 or 5 Whitewater Instructor
- WFA/CPR or better (Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness EMT)
- Comfort guiding and rescuing on Class III-IV.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and desire to work with people of all ages.
- Enthusiasm for education.
- Detail oriented, safety minded.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Instruct whitewater kayaking skills “safely, funly, learnly.” Instructors will be responsible for providing enjoyable and appropriate fundamental instruction to first-time paddlers and those at the novice level. An emphasis is placed on safety and enjoyment so that paddlers will continue to return to the river.
Instructors will be responsible for course preparation including gear organization, management of essential information of students, emergency action planning, and any additional logistics. Day-of responsibilities will include tailored instruction, group management, and quality demonstration of skills.
- Manage, clean, maintain, and organize all equipment necessary for courses including but not limited to kayaks, safety gear, vehicles, and paperwork.
- Maintain a high level of personal skill and physical fitness.
Benefits & Compensation
Competitive, negotiable, and depending on experience. We believe in a livable wage for all and compensate competitively.