About the course:
DO WORK! This series of workouts are there to lay down a baseline of training to get you over the hump from fitness performance in the kayak. Every week we choose a basic discipline; slalom, attaining, playing and spend 3 hours focused on improving these specific skills. The focus starts with mechanics, then quickly moves into more performative measurables on the water. This has been the basis of our spring training program for our staff for years and will very quickly get you ready for your upcoming season on the water to achieve your goals.
Worried about the cold? No worries, these workouts are going to keep you warm and burning those extra winter calories. For those that are looking for something a little more specific, check out our performance coaching program with Chris.
Students should have suitable winter equipment and can bring a boat of their own choice, although H2o Dreams does have a fleet of boats to choose from for specific skill development.
- H2o Dreams students enrolled in or having completed H2o Dreams programs in that calendar year or equivalent
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- At minimum, experience wet-exiting
- Ages 10 and up
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
Trip price: $350.00 for the full package
Location(s): Saluda, NC, H2o Dreams Green River Outpost
Trip duration: 3 hours, 12:00-3:00P, March 5 – April 16
Guest to instructor ratio: 8 guests to 1 instructor
- Equipment essentials – kayak, PFD, helmet, sprayskirt, paddle
- Transportation to course venue