About the course:
Whitewater diligence is as much about preventing rescue as it is knowing what to do when one becomes necessary. Our Common Sense Rescue class will put you through the paces of not only fundamental rescue and safety skills, but how to prevent these scenarios from popping up while on the river. Safety is just as much about proactivity and prevention through common sense as it is technical knowledge and clarity under pressure.
Familiarize yourself with in-water comfort, gear and equipment, boat-based rescue, quick and easy rope systems, and more as every swiftwater skill will fall into context for the common paddler. Gain comfort moving in and around the riverbed and begin to think preemptively regarding risk and consequence, and a whole new world of whitewater will unfold.
This class will uncover the power and gravity of the river and just how large a part you can play as a boater and leader while on the water.
“This course is phenomenally crafted and executed. It empowers you as a boater to prevent disasters, recover equipment, and even save someone’s life. Every regular boater needs these skills and they are taught in a way that the information is digestible, not overwhelming.”
– Susan C.
- Ages 14 and up
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- Fundamentals for River Kayak or equivalency
Trip price: $280.00
Location(s): Green River, Saluda, NC
Trip duration: 2.5 days (Friday session @ 5:30p + ~ 6 hours each day)
Guest to instructor ratio: 6 guests to 1 instructor, class caps at 12
- Shuttle transportation
- Rescue essentials (Rescue PFD, Pin Kit Essentials, Rope(s)) *Students are encouraged but are not required to bring personal rescue equipment
- Supplemental class materials
- Transportation to Saluda, NC
- Equipment essentials (Kayak equipment, dry or wetsuit layers, and a river knife)