This class is perfect for those looking to build comfort with river features or hone in on basic wave surfing or hole maneuvering, or for advanced level freestyle athletes needing focused coaching. The beauty of these freestyle clinics is that they can accommodate a wide range of skill and comfort as we select a single location and play there for the day with a 3:1 student to instructor ratio.
Freestyle is one of the best ways to increase your comfort and orientation on the river as you will begin to learn how to utilize river features rather than avoid them. As your familiarity and knowledge of these features increase, your avoidance mentality will diminish; getting stuck in a hole or accidentally spun back upstream for a surf are now happy accidents that you can learn to enjoy rather than anticipate with anxiety.
Students in this course can expect to spend a lot of time upside down and hopping in features. Courses of this nature are always “challenge by choice,” but participants will be encouraged to push comfort and awareness as selected playspots are always chosen both for appropriateness of skill development and forgiveness for the boater.
- Ages 14 and up
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- A commitment to trying to roll in class II-III whitewater with some success
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- Common Sense Rescue or equivalency highly recommended
Trip price: $150.00
Location(s): Pigeon River, TN
Trip duration: 12p-5p
Guest to instructor ratio: 3 guests to 1 instructor, class caps at 3
- Individual video feedback
- Transportation to Pigeon River, TN
- Equipment essentials