It’s true that often the best part of any sport is getting to share it with friends… whitewater kayaking is no different! “The Green River School” and now “After School” seeks to build that positive community around one of the most spectacular river gorges in the country by bringing young paddlers together for weekly coaching.
The Green River After School program will occur every week on Thursdays during the Spring and Fall, for youth paddlers from age(s) 6-17. The aim of these coaching sessions is to introduce new paddlers to the joys of the river and the skills necessary to keep it safe, productive, and fun.
- Character development through the “H2o Dreams Pillars of Leadership.”
- Introduction and development of whitewater paddling skills where necessary
- Introduction to safety skills
- A competitive and supportive environment to encourage peers
- Developing characteristics that are important as river professionals
- Supervised guided discovery
- The building of camaraderie, community, and leadership in young paddlers
- No experience needed
- Ages 6-17
- A positive attitude and desire to try new challenges
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required, swim test on the first day
- Each child will be assessed and grouped with others of similar skill
Session price: $35 per session, or choose PACKAGE OPTIONS for unlimited sessions.
Location(s): Saluda, NC
Camp schedule and location:
- Every Thursday from April 25 – June 6 AND August 29 – October 31, 2019
- From 4:30 – 7:00P
- Fishtop Access, Green River, Saluda, NC | Sections will vary based on skill range and aims of each session. Times and locations will be determined weekly for participants.
Guest to instructor ratio: 4 guests to 1 instructor
- All essential river equipment
- Transportation to Fishtop Access for drop-off and pick-up
- Swimwear and closed toe water shoes (see parent packet for acceptable footwear)
- See complete list of essentials in parent packet