About the course:
For those that have the stamina and really want to invest some intensive time to jumpstart their kayaking, the Immersion Week is the H2o Dreams answer for that. New for 2020, the week-long format (intermediate, too!) is one of the most heavily requested courses we have had in recent history.
The beginning of the week starts with an introduction of your core skills on our river home, the Green River. You can anticipate a strong emphasis on water comfort, common sense safety, and managing a group downstream. We pepper in hard skill modules in short blasts throughout the week which will include stroke mechanics that make your boat move the way you want, comfort building to establish a bomber roll in the long run, and with all that we will travel and enjoy some of Western NC’s greatest treasures. We truly enjoy getting off the beaten path and the week-long format allows us to do so; you’ll just begin to scratch the surface of all WNC has to offer paddlers of all skill levels, and you’ll leave with the tools and skills to keep exploring long after class has ended.
Have a group already? This class is also available by appointment; minimum of 3 students.
- Ages 14 and up, or check out our Green River School Youth Program
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian through the duration of the course
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- No additional experience required!
Trip price: $850.00
Location(s): Saluda, NC and surrounding area
Trip duration: 5 days, 9A-5P with logistics
Guest to instructor ratio: 4 guests to 1 instructor; class caps at 8
- Shuttle transportation
- Essential equipment
- All critical kayak equipment (Kayak, paddle, spraydeck, helmet, PFD)
- Transport before or after course
- Additional equipment like shoes, bathing suits, sunscreen, etc.