The JI program offers young adults the opportunity to work with paddle sports professionals to deliver youth instructional camps programs through H2o Dreams Paddling School. If your child wants to become an instructor this is how they get started.
Learning about leadership qualities for group cohesion, learning and teaching theory and keeping a river classroom engaging and fun, and a emphasis on river safety are just a few of the skills your child will accrue in this course. This is the first step to becoming an H2o Dreams Junior Instructor (JI).
- Ages 13-17 *we except younger with prior interview
- Comfort and control on Class III
- A reliable Class III combat roll
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- Common Sense Rescue or equivalency
Trip price: $329.00
Location(s): Saluda, NC and surrounding rivers
Trip duration: 2 days
Guest to instructor ratio: 4 guests to 1 instructor, class caps at 8
- Shuttle transportation
- Supplemental class materials
- Transportation to Saluda, NC
- Equipment essentials (equipment available to rent)