Our Lower Green River Run is an opportunity for graduates of our Fundamentals for River Kayak course to spend more time on the water practicing their new skills with guided support. This experience will feature a longer section of the Green River, highlighting the multitude of possibilities to continue to develop skills, build comfort, and grow paddler’s depth of experience. Less intensive instruction than our Fundamentals course, students will engage in guided discovery with the chance to apply skills from their previous instruction, ask questions, and explore the river more deeply with the support and structure of H2o Dreams instructors.
Run more rapids, catch more eddies, and have the chance to try your hand at a bit of surfing, too! Students will also have more opportunities to lead, identify downstream strategies, and put prior instruction about safety and risk management in to greater context. The Lower Green River Run is an excellent opportunity to play, discover, and learn in an encouraging environment with paddlers at similar skill levels. Join us!
- Ages 14 and up, or check out our Green River School Youth Program
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- Must have completed Fundamentals for River Kayak with H2o Dreams!
Trip price: $75.00
Location(s): Saluda, NC
Trip duration: 4 hours
Guest to instructor ratio: 4 guests to 1 instructor; class caps at 8
- Shuttle transportation
- Essential equipment
- Transportation to instruction location
- Additional equipment like shoes, bathing suits, sunscreen, etc.