Hawaii and surf culture in the NC mountains! This day builds on the fundamentals you have learned in Fundamentals of River SUP or could even be taken as a standalone course. Both classes cover the fundamentals of body, blade, board balance, footwork, paddle strokes, and self-sufficiency. The surf class instead of covering river-running tactics will delve into the world of wave anatomy and how to use the water to reach your ultimate surf!
Have a group already? This class is also available by appointment; minimum of 3 students.
- Ages 14 and up
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- Scenic SUP Float or equivalency is required
- Fundamentals of River SUP is recommended but not required.
Trip price: $150.00
Location(s): Saluda, NC
Trip duration: 3 hours
Guest to instructor ratio: 3 guests to 1 instructor, class caps at 3
- Shuttle transportation
- Essential equipment
- Transportation to the instruction location
- Additional equipment like shoes, bathing suits, sunscreen, etc.