Nothing improves your comfort on the water more than a reliable roll that you trust and understand. The roll is often achieved in flat water but elusive in a combat situation- that is, flipping over unexpectedly. This course will create adversity before it is created for you by utilizing friendly but realistic environments that will encourage rolling.
Students looking to gain prowess with the combat roll can expect to spend lots of time upside down, paddling into current, and pushing skills that will inevitably lead to opportunities to practice rolling. In order to increase reliability with rolling, paddlers must access a variety of unpredictable environments on the water. We help facilitate this process by utilizing areas that will allow you to comfortably push your comfort and orientation, thereby increasing your awareness and confidence in your roll while still maintaining acceptable safety and outcomes.
- Ages 14 and up
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- Fundamentals for River Runners or equivalent
- Intro to Rolling for River Runners or equivalent
Trip price: $85.00
Location(s): Saluda, NC, Fishtop Access, Green River
Trip duration: 2 hours from 1:00 to 3:00P
Guest to instructor ratio: 3 guests to 1 instructor, class caps at 6
- Supplemental class materials
- Transportation to Saluda, NC
- Equipment essentials