H2o Dreams provides a variety of adventure travel trips, paddlesports instruction workshops/clinics and special events every year through its paddlesports education program. Attending one of these activities is a great way to meet new friends, learn new skills, travel to new places, and have fun. Adventure Travel usually consists of day and weekend trips or multi-day expeditions. Instruction workshops usually consist of half-day, full-day, weekend, or even weeklong instructional clinics.
- To attend a trip or instructional workshop, a participant must both register and pay in full on the H2o Dreams website by credit card or over the phone.
- Be able to independently participate in all individual skills and activities listed in each course outline while also maintaining an appropriate and safe body position.
- Be able to hold his/her breath while under water and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face down to a face up position keeping the head above water.
- Be able to effectively communicate with instructors and course participants.
- Be able to manage all personal care independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Be able to manage all personal mobility independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Must not be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs during sanctioned trip activities.
- Some trips or instructional workshops may have specific pre-requisites that participants must meet to be eligible.
In order to attend a trip or instructional workshop, participants must do the following:
- Register for the trip during the appropriate sign-up period online or over the phone. Payment in full or a non-refundable 50% deposit is acceptable for specified courses. Payment in full is mandatory by the start of all courses.
- Submit a signed liability waiver to attend the trip or clinic.
- Provide an eligible email address and phone number to provide participant with appropriate pre-trip information.
- Be on time to the trip or workshop. Trips or workshops will not be delayed or pro-rated for participants who are late or don’t show up for all or a portion of the program.
- We do not offer refunds for H2o Dreams programming. Students may receive a refund if he/she finds a replacement for his/her spot in the class. Deposits are non-refundable, and total trip cost is to be paid in full by 15 days prior to the trip start date; payment, in its entirety, is thereby non-refundable within 15 days of trip start date. H2o Dreams reserves the right to cancel and reschedule a clinic or lesson at any time as weather and river flows can be unpredictable, and, will work diligently to communicate changes in plans and location in a timely manner with safety and effectiveness as a number one priority. Should a course be canceled on the part of H2o Dreams, a full refund or course credit will be offered.
- A $25 rescheduling fee is required for cancellations and/or rescheduling within two weeks of the course date; this fee may be waived if a replacement is found on the part of the student. Otherwise, course credit may be applied to a class after priority is given to first-time registrants. Students who are rescheduling group clinics will be waitlisted and informed of his/her status no less than three days out from the course. Private instruction may be rescheduled at the availability of the instructor(s).
DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICY
- H2o Dreams has a zero-tolerance policy of the use of alcohol and non-prescribed drugs by any participant before or during any H2o Dreams activity. If an H2o Dreams guest has been determined to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs they will be dismissed from H2o Dreams programming without a refund.