****COVID-19 ADAPTATIONS AND PROCEDURES****
To the prospective student:
In the wake of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, H2o Dreams is taking extended measures to comply with CDC regulations and limit spread, exposure, and risk of transmission. During this time H2o Dreams will make the following adjustments in facilitating programming:
- Half and full days of private instruction may be facilitated on a case by case basis.
- Group classes will resume on June 1, 2020 with lower instructor:student ratios, distancing requirements, face covering requirements, and sanitation protocols.
- Hands-on instruction, including but not limited to rolling, will not be possible at this time; students should not pursue instruction with the expectation that physical assistance will be possible during class time.
- All video feedback will take place post-instruction to maintain safe distancing (at least 6 feet).
- Logistics will be limited to sections of river that do not require a shuttle unless the student can provide his/her own shuttle; H2o Dreams will not be offering or participating in shared transportation/logistics except for select programs.
- H2o Dreams acknowledges increased risk of Covid-19 transmission through shared equipment. Disinfecting will be utilized for shared rental equipment at this time; however students are encouraged to provide all personal equipment, and come prepared for class without having to borrow any gear. Please inform us if you need equipment.
- All students are required to arrive with cloth face masks (no exceptions) and are encouraged to have sanitizing wipes and/or hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer will be made available if shared facility space is encountered. We recommend a face covering like the NRS neck gaiter.Cloth Masks May Prevent Transmission of COVID-19: An Evidence-Based, Risk-Based Approach
- All students are required to partake in the Online Screening Tool prior to class. H2o Dreams recommends ‘low risk’ students at this time.
- Prospective students should acknowledge the inherent risk of engaging in shared activity in a public space, even at a safe distance, particularly should the individual require rescue. Additionally, H2o Dreams would like to stress the importance of making informed decisions to pursue private instruction based on honest personal assessment of risk for transmission so that H2o Dreams facilitators do not become compromised themselves or risk continuing the spread of COVID-19 to others as a result of interactions with students.
- If you become ill in the week following a lesson/course we request you notify H2o Dreams to inform others of possible exposure.
PRE-CLASS SCREENING (SHOULD BE DONE 7-DAYS AND 2-DAYS PRIOR TO COURSE)
These questions are available from an online screening tool developed by the CDC; you may access the screening tool here.
Have you compromised physical distancing and PPE protocols in accordance with CDC guidelines in the past 14 days?
Have you recently recovered from known COVID-19 or ANY illness in the last 3 days, or at least 7 days since symptom onset?”
Have you recently traveled internationally?
Have you been in contact with someone who has traveled internationally and is now sick?
Have you been in contact with someone known to have coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Have you been told by a public health official that you may have been exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Do any of these apply to you? (See the CDC’s definition for “Higher Risk”)
- 65 years old or older
- Cardiac disease (e.g. coronary artery disease, valvular disease, congestive heart failure)
- Pulmonary disease (e.g. asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Immunosuppression (e.g. chemotherapy, transplant, or diabetes)
Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?* (symptomatic)
- Fever / Chills
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, you may be higher risk. If you are symptomatic*, your class will be rescheduled for a later date. If you are not symptomatic but are still higher risk based on the above criteria, modified instruction may be possible at the discretion of H2o Dreams. Please reach out to us directly if you would like to discuss your options. In the meantime, please review the CDC’s recommendations for how to protect yourself as a higher risk individual.
*Disclaimer: COVID-19 and operational guidelines are fluid, changing, and evolving as new information comes to light. H2o Dreams is monitoring these changes, as well as updates in spread, and is developing and modifying operational guidelines based on the best available information, local/state/federal guidelines, and with safety and well-being of our students, instructors, and community at-large in mind. H2o Dreams will adhere to whichever official policies are most stringent and will err on the side of caution to reduce the risk of transmission. These guidelines may change as status and information changes, and we appreciate your patience as we navigate this together.
****END – COVID-19 ADAPTATIONS AND PROCEDURES****
ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY AND TERMS OF REGISTRATION
H2o Dreams provides a variety of adventure travel trips, paddlesports instruction workshops/clinics and special events every year through its paddlesports education program. Attending one of these activities is a great way to meet new friends, learn new skills, travel to new places, and have fun. Adventure Travel usually consists of day and weekend trips or multi-day expeditions. Instruction workshops usually consist of half-day, full-day, weekend, or even weeklong instructional clinics.
- To attend a trip or instructional workshop, a participant must both register and pay in full on the H2o Dreams website by credit card or over the phone.
- Be able to independently participate in all individual skills and activities listed in each course outline while also maintaining an appropriate and safe body position.
- Be able to hold his/her breath while underwater and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face down to a face up position keeping the head above water.
- Be able to effectively communicate with instructors and course participants.
- Be able to manage all personal care independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Be able to manage all personal mobility independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Must not be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs during sanctioned trip activities.
- Some trips or instructional workshops may have specific pre-requisites that participants must meet to be eligible.
In order to attend a trip or instructional workshop, participants must do the following:
- Register for the trip during the appropriate sign-up period online or over the phone. Payment in full or a non-refundable 50% deposit is acceptable for specified courses. Payment in full is mandatory by the start of all courses.
- Submit a signed liability waiver to attend the trip or clinic.
- Provide an eligible email address and phone number to provide participant with appropriate pre-trip information.
- Be on time to the trip or workshop. Trips or workshops will not be delayed or pro-rated for participants who are late or don’t show up for all or a portion of the program.
- We do not offer refunds for H2o Dreams programming. Students may receive a refund if a replacement is found for the spot in the class. Deposits are non-refundable, and total trip cost is to be paid in full by 15 days prior to the trip start date; payment, in its entirety, is thereby non-refundable within 15 days of trip start date. H2o Dreams reserves the right to cancel and reschedule a clinic or lesson at any time as weather and river flows can be unpredictable, and, will work diligently to communicate changes in plans and location in a timely manner with safety and effectiveness as a number one priority. Should a course be canceled on the part of H2o Dreams, a full refund or course credit will be offered.
- Rescheduling is not an option within 7 days of the start of class.
- A $25 rescheduling fee is required for cancellations and/or rescheduling within two weeks of the course date; this fee may be waived if a replacement is found on the part of the student. Otherwise, course credit may be applied to a class after priority is given to first-time registrants. Students who are rescheduling group clinics will be waitlisted and informed of his/her status no less than three days out from the course. Private instruction may be rescheduled at the availability of the instructor(s).
DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICY
- H2o Dreams has a zero-tolerance policy of the use of alcohol and non-prescribed drugs by any participant before or during any H2o Dreams activity. If an H2o Dreams guest has been determined to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs they will be dismissed from H2o Dreams programming without a refund.
- H2o Dreams has a zero-tolerance policy in regards to behavior, actions, and/or language that is disorderly, threatening, discriminatory, harassing and/or abusive to other course/program participants, staff, third-parties, and/or wildlife. This includes but is not limited to any and all behavior, actions, and/or language that compromises the safety and wellbeing of the aforementioned and/or the ability of H2o Dreams staff to provide safe, fun, inclusive experiences for all participants. Those in violation of this policy may be dismissed from H2o Dreams programming without a refund.