Uncover a whole new realm of comfort with the roll. Learning to right yourself without ejecting from the kayak is the quintessential skill in all of paddling; it allows you to conserve energy, discover more of the water, and have more fun! Spend this class getting comfortable and oriented upside down while gaining exposure and understanding of fundamental roll mechanics.
Students can expect to spend time upside down (inverted) in kayaks and while working towards mastery, leave with enough base knowledge and homework drills to continue your progression. We never exceed a 3:1 student to instructor ratio.
- Ages 14 and up
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- Students must know how to wet-exit with a sprayskirt and have experience doing so
- Fundamentals for River Runners is recommended but not required
Trip price: $85.00
Location(s): Saluda, NC, Fishtop Access, Green River
Trip duration: 2 hours from 10:30A to 12:30P
Guest to instructor ratio: 3 guests to 1 instructor, class caps at 6
- Supplemental class materials
- Transportation to Saluda, NC
- Equipment essentials