ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY AND TERMS OF REGISTRATION
H2o Dreams provides a variety of adventure travel trips, paddlesports instruction workshops/clinics and special events every year through its paddlesports education program. Attending one of these activities is a great way to meet new friends, learn new skills, travel to new places, and have fun. Adventure Travel usually consists of day and weekend trips or multi-day expeditions. Instruction workshops usually consist of half-day, full-day, weekend, or even weeklong instructional clinics.
- To attend a trip or instructional workshop, a participant must both register and pay in full on the H2o Dreams website by credit card or over the phone.
- Be able to independently participate in all individual skills and activities listed in each course outline while also maintaining an appropriate and safe body position.
- Be able to hold his/her breath while underwater and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face down to a face up position keeping the head above water.
- Be able to effectively communicate with instructors and course participants.
- Be able to manage all personal care independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Be able to manage all personal mobility independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Must not be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs during sanctioned trip activities.
- Some trips or instructional workshops may have specific pre-requisites that participants must meet to be eligible.
In order to attend a trip or instructional workshop, participants must do the following:
- Register for the trip during the appropriate sign-up period online or over the phone. Payment in full or a non-refundable 50% deposit is acceptable for specified courses. Payment in full is mandatory by the start of all courses.
- Submit a signed liability waiver to attend the trip or clinic.
- Provide an eligible email address and phone number to provide participant with appropriate pre-trip information.
- Be on time to the trip or workshop. Trips or workshops will not be delayed or pro-rated for participants who are late or don’t show up for all or a portion of the program.
- We do not offer refunds for H2o Dreams group instruction/private instruction programming. For a custom program, (25%) deposits are non-refundable, and total trip cost is to be paid in full by 15 days prior to the trip start date; payment, in its entirety, is thereby non-refundable within 15 days of trip start date. H2o Dreams reserves the right to cancel and reschedule a clinic or lesson at any time as weather and river flows can be unpredictable, and, will work diligently to communicate changes in plans and location in a timely manner with safety and effectiveness as a number one priority. Should a course be canceled on the part of H2o Dreams, a full refund or course credit will be offered.
- Rescheduling is not an option within 30 days of the start of class.
- A $50 rescheduling fee per participant is required for rescheduling prior to 30 days of the course date; this fee may be waived if a replacement is found for the original course date.
- We recommend a service such as Allianz Trip Insurance to insure the cost of your trip or early departure. Additional policies can be purchased for medical emergencies. These policies are easy to purchase and generally cost about 10-15% of the course fee.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICY
- H2o Dreams has a zero-tolerance policy of the use of alcohol and non-prescribed drugs by any participant before or during any H2o Dreams activity. If an H2o Dreams guest has been determined to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs they will be dismissed from H2o Dreams programming without a refund.
- H2o Dreams has a zero-tolerance policy in regards to behavior, actions, and/or language that is disorderly, threatening, discriminatory, harassing and/or abusive to other course/program participants, staff, third-parties, and/or wildlife. This includes but is not limited to any and all behavior, actions, and/or language that compromises the safety and wellbeing of the aforementioned and/or the ability of H2o Dreams staff to provide safe, fun, inclusive experiences for all participants. Those in violation of this policy may be dismissed from H2o Dreams programming without a refund.