Thank you for your interest in the H2o Dreams Junior Instructor Program!
The JI program offers young adults the opportunity to work with paddle sports professionals to deliver youth instructional camps programs through H2o Dreams Paddling School. A typical day may include: helping with morning check-in and afternoon check-out, working with staff to clean up each afternoon, supporting an instructor on the river, leading campers through class II rapids, or leading a fun game ashore.
Our Junior Instructors walk the walk of our Pillars of Leadership youth programs philosophy.
- At least 13 years old (we accept younger with prior interview)
- Successful completion of an Advanced Youth Program or equivalency.
- Successful completion of the Junior Instructor Training offered June 9-11, 2023
- Positive attitude, a willingness to work, and enthusiasm for working in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Interest in being a role model and coach for younger paddlers.
- Commitment to the goals and mission of H2o Dreams.
- Knowledge of paddle sport, stewardship, and sportsmanship.
- Be punctual, reliable, and work well as a member of a team and independently with basic supervision.
Optional but highly recommended:
- Common Sense Rescue
- Each student will receive some rescue training during this course, but we recommend a separate class to achieve competency.
Volunteer Requirements for benefits:
Minimum of 2 weeks, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Weeks do not need to be consecutive. The Junior Instructor schedule will be created according to availability and need before the beginning of the summer with continuous updates as camp enrollment fluctuates. Some opportunities for “on call” JIs may be available if program needs dictate.
2 week commitment: 25% discounted rate on any of our Advanced/Overnight Programs
4 week commitment: 50% discounted rate on our Advanced/Overnight Programs
Additional benefits such as pro-deals, staff apparel, etc. are assessed throughout the season from overall commitment to the program.
This is a terrific opportunity to develop your teaching and leadership skills, share your passion for paddle sports with young people, and get out and have fun on the Green River this summer!
Thanks for your interest,