Feeling like you have the basic strokes mastered but are still left wondering what’s beyond in advanced boat control? This 2-hour class reviews essential strokes, introduces the purpose of draw strokes, and puts it all together to work simple through compound maneuvers. You’ll expand your knowledge of boat momentum, compound strokes, and even advanced moves. The fundamentals of precision and maximized efficiency gained through focus on stroke concepts is sure to elevate your paddling no matter the application.
Your goal for this course should be to glean as much information about each stroke to increase your efficiency and save energy, understanding the physics of how your boat actually moves, and how to translate power from your body into your equipment to take advantage of every precious ounce of energy!
We have had paddlers with years of experience leave this course feeling like a beginner again; come get some!
- Ages 14 and up
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- Experience at Fundamental level or the equivalent skill
- Ability to wet-exit and experience with a combat wet-exit
Trip price: $85.00
Location(s): Saluda, NC, Fishtop Access, Green River
Trip duration: 1:00p to 3:00p (2 hours)
Guest to instructor ratio: 4 guests to 1 instructor; class caps at 8
- Supplemental class materials
- Transportation to Saluda, NC
- Equipment essentials