About the course:
For those that have the stamina and are ready to commit to intensive work on their paddling skills and confidence, our Intermediate Immersion Week is the ticket. New for 2020, this week-long format (beginner, too!) is one of the most heavily requested courses we have had in recent history.
This five-day course will begin on at our homebase, the Green River, to assess your paddling and identify targets for the rest of the week. In the days to come, you can expect to experience hard skill focused modules on digging deeper in to stroke concepts, combat rolling, foundations of river play (read: comfort using river features, instead of avoiding them!), and even rescue. These intermediate concepts will be introduced early on as we gradually transition in to intermediate river environments to give you the chance to practice and apply newly developed concepts.
Soft skills like scouting, downriver strategy, and even group management are core to the H2o Dreams mission of empowered paddling, and students will uncover new possibilities on the river with a focus on turning more complex information into opportunity instead of anxiety. Intermediate Immersion Week will see some travel throughout Western North Carolina to take advantage of the region’s deep and unique river resources. Elevate your paddling and explore new realms of adventure and confidence!
Have a group already? This class is also available by appointment; minimum of 3 students.
- Ages 14 and up
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Experience with the kayak roll and some success rolling in flatwater
- Fundamentals for River Kayak, Intro to Rolling for Kayak, and/or equivalent experience
- Common Sense Rescue or equivalency highly recommended
Trip price: $700.00
Location(s): Saluda, NC and surrounding area
Trip duration: 5 days, 9A-5P with logistics
Guest to instructor ratio: 4 guests to 1 instructor; class caps at 8
- Shuttle transportation
- Essential equipment
- All critical kayak equipment (Kayak, paddle, spraydeck, helmet, PFD)
- Transport before or after course
- Additional equipment like shoes, bathing suits, sunscreen, etc.