Focused on the core biomechanics for successful riverplay in an approachable environment for those folks who may be a bit more timid when it comes to jumping into holes or squirting on turbulent eddy lines. You can expect the first hour of the course to introduce you to a flatwater workout that reinforces the habits you need to keep in order to be successful in play. The remainder of the course is focused on wave and hole movement in small and friendly features with a good pool for recovery.
Play is one of the best ways to increase your comfort and orientation on the river as you will begin to learn how to utilize river features rather than avoid them. As your familiarity and knowledge of these features increase, your avoidance mentality will diminish; getting stuck in a hole or accidentally spun back upstream for a surf are now happy accidents that you can learn to enjoy rather than anticipate with anxiety.
- Ages 14 and up
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- A commitment to trying to roll in class II-III whitewater with some success
- Be in good health and overall fitness
- Comfort in open water and swimming required
- Common Sense Rescue or equivalency highly recommended
Trip price: $150.00
Location(s): Lower Green River; Saluda, NC
Trip duration: 12P-3P
Guest to instructor ratio: 3 guests to 1 instructor, class caps at 3
- Shuttle transportation
- Individual video feedback
- Transportation to instruction location
- Equipment essentials